Haematoxylum campechianum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wpenm

I have a customer request for a pen and pencil set made from this wood. It is also known as logwood. It's original use among others was the making of dye. I know that it is found in Central America and South America. Do any of you have some of this wood that I might be able to buy or trade for? I now there are other names for it like Bloodwoodtree,(This is different from bloodwood)I have been doing searches for it and come up empty. Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tonto

Fur trappers use logwood dye to dye steel traps a dark black color. If you can't find the wood, perhaps this powder and Aluminite can be cast into a suitable substitute for solid wood. Google trap supplies and find logwood dye, sold in 1-pound bags. All this with the caveat that the dye might not be an extract or ground from the real wood.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by wpenm

I have a customer request for a pen and pencil set made from this wood. It is also known as logwood. It's original use among others was the making of dye. I know that it is found in Central America and South America. Do any of you have some of this wood that I might be able to buy or trade for? I now there are other names for it like Bloodwoodtree,(This is different from bloodwood)I have been doing searches for it and come up empty. Thank you.

Many, if not most, woods from Central and South America have up to thirty different names, including scientific ones. Write to my friend Jim King. He is an expert on the subject.
http://www.exoticwoodworld.com/

Jarheaded

Haematoxylum -- Broken down the name is greek for Bloodwood. I have a ton of that and it is easily available. I am searching for more on it but noone so far sells it by that name.
These are some other names for it: Logwood, campeachy wood, bloodwood tree, pau-campeche, campeche, hematoxilo

This place may be able to supply you with the wood. www.ysfalls.com
I hope this customer is willing to pay big.

Top Bottom