Guitar Pen Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This came up in another thread and I asked there where the op got it but i got no response. So I will ask here as a general question. Does anyone know where these pen cases can be bought?? I know at one time Rockler used to carry them but it looks like they stopped. At least I can not find it. Thanks. Sometimes they maybe called violin cases.

th

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Just finished up a big search through google ... can't find anything that would work, unless you want to buy tin guitar shaped candy boxes and refurbish the insides.

200*90*33mm Beauty & High Quality Empty Guitar Tin Box - Buy 200*90*33mm Beauty & High Quality Empty Guitar Tin Box,Guitar Shape Tin Box,Guitar Tin Box Product on Alibaba.com

They sell these in whatever quantity you need, but I don't know if they'll sell them without the printing on them. It could be overstock from a print run, and you may need to just paint over them and refurbish the interior as desired to hold your pen.

The listed price is 10 cents up to 1 dollar each ... ? I assume volume pricing is involved.

The size of the box is: 7 7/8" long by 3 1/2" wide by 1 1/4" tall.

Beyond this, I can't really find what you're looking for, at least not in quantities you'ld be interested in investing in. (I assume you don't want 1000+ pieces??)

Skie_M

Signed up for Alibaba and made inquiry concerning price for 200 pieces with no paint or color, plain guitar shaped tin boxes.

I'll let you know what I get quoted, when I find out.

jttheclockman

The ones I want are the ones in the photo. They were around a few years ago and I am guessing they were not a big hit. I have seen them used here a few times. If anyone has a couple they want to sell I would be willing to listen. PM me. I may wind up making some wood ones. I know there are the wood ones that sell for the Elvis themed pens but they are too cheap looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-ELVIS-PRE...780801?hash=item33ab26d481:g:p8EAAOSwI-BWIBsc

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Before i get too carried away, if anyone has used these do you know if you can fit a Jr gent or a Jr majestic pen in them??? This may all be for naught.:)

Skie_M

Technical Details:

Looks like a genuine guitar case
Removable foam inserts
Pen slot measures 5-1/4" long x 3/8" deep
1-1/2" H x 3-1/2" (at its widest) x 7-3/4" L
Designed to hold the Sierra Vista, Sierra, and Beauty Sierra twist ballpoint pens (does not hold Sierra or Elegant Sierra button click series pens or pencils)
Makes a great gift

from the rockler site .... I doubt they'll hold the pen you wanted without modification.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We had them, JT. Problem is they were easily "knicked" and, because of their shape they were difficult to package for shipping, so they often arrived "marred". All-in-all they were a losing proposition.

Ed
As you can see, Dawn and I post separately and do not consult!!!

Last edited:

PR_Princess

JT, we used to carry these, as part of the line from Kallenshaan Woods. Ken carried them for several years, as an "accompaniment" for his music themed laser kits. But they were discontinued about 2 years ago.

FWIW a Jr Gent/ Jr Majestic will fit nicely into the case, but you might want to enlarge the foam cut out slightly, as it was made to fit a sierra size pen. It wouldn't be hard to do...lol probably much easier than finding one of these!:redface:

jttheclockman

Yes Dawn I do remember and a few other people carried them too but they just must not went over well.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. There are a couple options there that might be of interest. When I get to this project I will make a decision.

Thanks all for the replys. It is another project on to do list:)

plantman

This came up in another thread and I asked there where the op got it but i got no response. So I will ask here as a general question. Does anyone know where these pen cases can be bought?? I know at one time Rockler used to carry them but it looks like they stopped. At least I can not find it. Thanks. Sometimes they maybe called violin cases.

th

John. I purchased a number of these cases from Ken Kallenshaan a few years back. They are a custom fit for the Gatsby, Jr. Gent, Jr. Majestic, and any other pen that size and shape. You would have to open up the slot to fit other sized or shaped pens. I checked my overstock and found that I still have several of these cases left if you are interested. They measure just short of 7 inches in inside length with plenty of width to fit most any pen. I believe at the time I purchased them they were $17.50 + shipping each. Maybe we could work out some type of trade ?? Jim S

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I spoke with Ken Kallenshaan the other day and he said he has had enough inquiries about these that he will be bringing them back as soon as he can find someone to do the inserts.

Thanks everyone for the help.

CREID

I found 2 Guitar pen cases and 2 violin cases they originally came from Kallenshaan. They are 12$ each, if you still want them, let me know and I will send you the information on who has them.

Curt

Top Bottom