A Guide to Useful Woods of the World

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used either of these 2 books? If so, what are your thoughts on "A Guide to Useful Woods of the World" vs "Woods of the World in Color"? Will either provide me with information that would be interesting to put on cards for my patrons? I want more than just specific gravity, density, durability, etc.

Also, how useful would it be in identifying woods?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pipes

I have thought about looking into BUYING some kind a reference books on wood also !! But all the woods each have so many diffrent looks I duno how much good they would be since 1 wood can have a dozen or more looks !!! I would be interested in anyones thoughts that have these and there titles >>> [?]

http://affordablepipes.com/

epson

I have the Usefull woods of the world. The pictures are great for identifying the wood, and they give tuy large amount of usefull information on the uses of the wood. There is a lot of other information about each tree. I would recommend it.

The hobbit house is good for identifying the woods due to there being so many different pictures, but many woods don't have the facts sheets. You are right, it is a good reference site for helping to ID woods. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom