Guess the material

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

So I was thinking one day hey it would be cool to see if I could make a pen out of ........ Well I almost got it on my first try, but got the keychain instead when the other part crumbled. So this is a prototype of what I hope will be a slimline my next attempt. So what do you guys think it is? I will give you a hint. It was in the garage and my kids love to use it. That should be easy. lol. I did a search on the forms and I don't think anyone has used it from what I have seen.

prototype.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I was going to guess sidewalkchalk based on the color and "your kids like to use it"... But clicking on the image verifies that pretty quickly when you name the file "chalkprototype"

:)

Cute idea... Sounds like a lot of work!

ToddMR

I renamed the picture so you must have been eyeballing it before I noticed that lol. It is sidewalk chalk. Covered with CA.

workinforwood

I do recall someone made pens from chalk at one time, now that you mention it. I think they had some issues dealing with it too. I should stick some batton fiberglass insulation in a mold and see how that turns out...but I don't think I have any.

Top Bottom