guarantee/warrantee for pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Hi everyone,

I have a question for all of you who sell pens. What sort of guarantee/warranty do you have in terms of the wood cracking and finishing? This came up from someone who was interested in buying a pens. I told him the finish on the pen can be rebuffed, but didn't really know what to say about the cracking (if that does eventually happen).

Vincent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

C_Ludwigsen

Good question, Vincent. Most of my pens sell to people that run in my friends, family, church, and work circles, so for the couple of occasions where the finish had issues or there has been cracking, I'll gladly attempt to repair or remake it. The more we focus on quality the first time, the less returns we'll get. The low price of a pen kit and piece of wood are made up for in a single pen sale and by a happy customer.

Now I suppose I'll eventually have someone who clearly abuses a pen and expects me to repair or replace it. I figure when that happens, I'll be asking the same question here [;)]

Hope that helps.

Doghouse

I defer to Chuck. He just made the clearest explanation I could have ever come up with.

One small detail is that it is a Warranty if it has exclusions. Guarentee cannot. Please check local laws as any implied or expressed Warranty provides different rights. Not that I have ever had anyone come back.

Ryan

If you ever have an issue with the Plating on the Pen/Pencil I always defer to the manufacture's warranty. 24K,10K none. Platinum, Gold standard, Rhodium etc are life time. You would still have to find a way to dismantle the kit or to save some headache I would just turn some new barrels.

Just my thoughts.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom