GRRR ... I need to learn my lesson!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dankc908

Just this past week I ordered a new chuck (body only) from PSI It cost $139.95 + shipping. Today I received the following e-mail from PSI:

10% Off Entire Site – Exclusively For You!

I, easily, could have waited 5 days! From now on, when I want something that isn't critical, I will wait until a sale appears. Right now I'm waiting for JET's 15% off sale so I can buy a drum sander.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan26

Don't fret Dan. I get them all the time after I buy something. I think it's one of their marketing strategies to get you to buy more stuff. I guess you could return it and reorder it using the 10%. Of course, I think they will not refund your shipping so you will still be at a loss.

ironman123

Was that for the Baracuda 2000C? The chuck with jaws was same price I think. That would give you extra parts. I have the 2000C and ordered the economy chuck for my spare.

TonyL

Sometimes Peachtree Wordworking offers 20% Jet when the other offer 10 or 15%.

kovalcik

If it helps, they were not waiting for you to order before sending that. I got the same email and I have not ordered from them in a while.

dankc908

I got the XCSC3000C. I will simply learn my lesson. I've been waiting for something like this since last winter and I just 'bit the bullet' 5 days too soon. Oh well - I won't have to change jaws nearly as much as in the past.

Trees2Pens

I feel your pain

Got the same e-mail coupon today and last week placed a $200+ order.

Oh well, I'll bite... will place another order, I'm a sucker for coupons !

John :)

WriteON

Just this past week I ordered a new chuck (body only) from PSI It cost $139.95 + shipping. Today I received the following e-mail from PSI:

10% Off Entire Site – Exclusively For You!

I, easily, could have waited 5 days! From now on, when I want something that isn't critical, I will wait until a sale appears. Right now I'm waiting for JET's 15% off sale so I can buy a drum sander.

Murphy's Law.....anything you buy will be on sale much cheaper the week after.
Jet...Thanksgiving..I bought a Jet 1015 last year on sale...no shipping.

Tom T

Yep, I got the coupon as well and am trying to decide how many seem rippers to order for Christmas gifts. Seem all those I gave them to last year have friends who want one. I love it when people like what I do. Maybe 10 will do it.

10% coupon

I got the same e-mail and at the time ignored it. Then yesterday I made quite a list I was considering. Fortunately I didn't Order. Today a came across the e-mail again. Now I have to decide if I am really going to place that order by the 25th.

TonyL

I have placed stuff in my cart, left the sit, received an email stating that I still had something in my cart, then another email a day or two later offering me 5 or 10%. Sometimes it works, sometimes my cart is emptied.

dankc908

Well - This situation got even worse today. I ordered $160+ worth of pen kits, put the SAVEMETEN code in the box. I forgot to click a button and was charged full price. I called PSI to explain the situation and I got a snippy response indicating that I was supposed to click the "APPLY" button. It doesn't appear, from my credit card transactions, that the $16+ was added back on my card even though she said that they would credit me back the 10%. I guess that I'm just outta luck on this one. I think that I'm going to have to look for another primary source for my turning products which is sad because I like the PSI products. They customer service, however, is nonexistent.

Lenny

Dan, there are many good PSI resellers including WoodnWhimsies, woodturniigz, and to an extent exoticblanks. You can probably find most of what you want for less money and often much better service with them.

Shock me

Lol- "exclusively for you"
And everybody else

If it were "exclusively for you" on an item you just purchased, well that's a cold shot...

Tim'sTurnings

Call PSI again, you were just unlucky on the first person you had. PSI has always given me good service when I needed to call them on the phone.
Tim.

Learn Lesson

Items left in cart. In an earlier reply I mentioned I had put a list of items I my cart but didn't place the order. Next day I got an e-mail reminding me I had items left in my cart (even though if I go to their web site my basket is empty). The next day I got another e-mail reminding me again that I had items left in my cart and I could complete the order and get 5% off the order. Not likely to do that when the 10% offer is still on until tomorrow.

Top Bottom