Ground Turquoise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marcruby

CSUSA has a lot of flavors of ground stone for inlay work. I thin Arizona Silhouettes does too. There should be cheaper sources for quantity buys - check jewelry making supply houses.

Marc

pianomanpj

Okay. I need to put the coffee down.... Apparently I can't focus very well right now because I thought the title read "Ground Tortoise"!! Gah!! :eek::bulgy-eyes::eek:

bdonald

I've dealt with Gilmer Rock twice, and cant say enough about them in my experiences. Plus they've thrown in free samples on both my orders, which is not only a nice suprise, gave me a chance to play with Malachite. I seem to end up tacking whatever they sent me onto the next order after trying it, so it's paying off for them in my case :) The Malachite was so much easier to work with than the turquoise.

I have not bought any yet, but I hear good about here:

http://www.gilmerrockshop.com/servlet/the-Crushed-Rock/Categories

Ask for floor sweepings.

hstudio

Can you describe how you grind them?

I use a GrindMaster coffee grinder. You can find them on Ebay for a couple hundred $$$$$$. These grinders are almost $1500 new!!!! They do a great job on turquoise , malachite and other such materials.

OKLAHOMAN

I've also used them the price is much better than anywhere else I've tried and as you said great people to deal with.
I've dealt with Gilmer Rock twice, and cant say enough about them in my experiences. Plus they've thrown in free samples on both my orders, which is not only a nice suprise, gave me a chance to play with Malachite. I seem to end up tacking whatever they sent me onto the next order after trying it, so it's paying off for them in my case :) The Malachite was so much easier to work with than the turquoise.

rherrell

Can you describe how you grind them?
Sure, turquoise and malachite are soft so it doesn't take much. I have a stainless steel measuring cup set I got at Wal Mart and I use the small one, 1/4 cup I think. I break off little chunks with pliers and use a transfer punch and hit it with a hammer. I also made a piece of clear plexiglass with a hole for the punch that covers the top and keeps chips from flying!

Top Bottom