Griffin Exotic Wood: Opinions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbellek

I found this website called "Griffin Exotic Woods" and their prices are nice and their shipping cheap, so I was thinking of making a purchase.

I was just wondering if anyone else had bought from them, and if so, what your opinion was on this webstore, as a whole? Most importantly, was the wood of the quality you expected?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

I have not used them and am not familiar with the name. Can you post a link to them?

I just did a Google search and found http://www.woodcollectors.org/links.htm and Griffin Exotics is the very last link given in their list. Is this the same one you are asking about?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I've bought from Jim before. He has very nice wood but be careful about his pricing. Most of his blanks are 1/2" to 5/8" square x 5". They are also a bit inconsistent, even among sticks of the same variety.

mbellek

Hmmmm.... And I was planning to segment a lot of what I was buying. Hm. I did notice that he does not give the dimensions of his pen blanks anywhere on the site that I could find -- just says "Pen blanks"

exoticwo

Melanie,

Have you tried looking in the Business section of this site? I have lots of different Exotic woods available there. Great quality, fair pricing and fast service!!
Just look for listings by "exoticwo"

Just got a package of blanks from Griffin Exotic wood a couple of days ago, and couldn't be more pleased. The quality was excellent, the prices ditto, prompt shipping, great communication, can't ask for more! Also, he had a couple of things that have been VERY difficult to find elsewhere, which is why I ordered from him in the first place.

Freethinker

Originally posted by LostintheWoods
<br />Just got a package of blanks from Griffin Exotic wood a couple of days ago, and couldn't be more pleased. The quality was excellent, the prices ditto, prompt shipping, great communication, can't ask for more!

I agree!

I have bought from them and find their promptness and their wood to be excellent, and when you buy the larger pieces to resaw into blanks, their prices are --IMO-- unbeatable.

mdburn_em

I have purchased from them and have received absolutely great wood. I must admit I have never considered buying pen blanks from them. Their blanks seem a bit expensive but the wood in bulk is very reasonable, as was previously mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom