grey wood pen blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If you've got time, cedar turns gray in the sun. I'm told everything I've made with purple heart will go gray as well. I think pink ivory does too.

bobskio2003

Along with blue mahoe and blue buckeye another nice grey woo is queenwood (although somewhat hard to find). I'd have to see what I have of any of these but if you have difficulties finding any of them PM me and I'll see what I have. Bob I.

truckfixr

Phil,
I have a piece of grey lumber that was given me by a gunsmith friend of mine. I have no idea what it is. If you will pm me your address, I'll send you a couple of blanks I cut from it.

Edit:
After a Google image search, I'm thinking what I have is probably Blue Mahoe.

Last edited:

workinforwood

I found a piece of silver mahogany. It is a light grey tone, much lighter than a buckeye and still being a mahogany has nice character and a light curl to it. I do have some Blue Mahoe that is a medium grey tone tone. I also have some oak from the Arizona river bottom which has naturally become a very dark grey all the way through by being at the bottom of the river from a hundred years, but I can't seem to locate it in all my piles of wood, it must be buried deep. If any of that interests you let me know.

sbwertz

I have some hackberry that is light gray with some darker gray grain. It finishes almost silver looking. Sorry I don't have a picture of one to show you. I can put a couple of blanks in an envelope and send them to you.

Last edited:
I'll post a few pics later of some blanks that I have that might be what you're looking for. Don't know what the wood is though. Just made a pen out of it and I love it!

^^ike

Top Bottom