Green Bay Packer colors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

swanny70

Hey, does anybody know where I can find some blanks that kinda look like Packer colors? I have a couple people asking for a "Green Bay Packer" pen. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:):) Swanny: Being from Green Bay, I do have people that would like something to represent the "Packers". When I make pens I usualy use a Green Maple Burl, Green Box Elder, or a Light Green Synthetic Burl. When you add a Gold Plated kit to this it makes a very elegant looking pen. I have also added footballs, goal post, and helmets to some. A word of cauction!! If you are going to sell any pens with sports logos, you need a licence from the league and the team. Last time I checked with a team they wanted a $100,000 licencing fee. I also have purchased clips with football helmets on them in gold. I don't remember where I got them but could check my records to find out. Seems they only fit 7MM pens.
Jim S

Last edited:

warreng8170

I've made a couple blanks attempting to get the GB colors. I have one or two blanks left. I'll have to see if I can get some pics.

plantman

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I have good news and not so good news. I was up in Crandon WI. today at a craft show and a guy there had green and gold pen blanks made into pens. So, there out there somewhere. I was making good conversation with him, trying to find out where he had gotten them when my wife came up behind me and told him that I also made pens. He suddenly turned mute and walked out of his own booth. Sorry !!!! The good news is that I purchased the gold football helmet clips from "woodnwhimies.com" $1.10 each, cheeper if you buy groups of 10 or more. 7MM only. Jim S

Last edited:

swanny70

Jim,
Thanks for the heads up. I have had some offers for some blanks to be made for me. I just need to decide what I want to do.

TylerRiddle

I bought some recently from Bear Tooth Woods (via Eugene) aptly named "Cheesehead Lava". It's pretty spot on for a Packers fan in my opinion...

alphageek

Former Moderator
Dude!!!! Two more Green Bay people!!! Welcome to IAP.

Since I also sell in GB, maybe I shouldn't share - but thats really not like me!
Here is the blank that I like best for packer colors:

Nuclear Waste

jmbcu

I find Bear Tooth Woods key lime to represent Packer colors in a classy way. Also Packard Wood works aquabright yellow/green. It has a darker green. BUT, you need call in your order to Packard and ask them to hand select the blank making sure the green looks green. Not blue. I've seen other distributers confuse green with blue on this blank.
Also search for yellow and green instead gold. GO PACK!

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Dude!!!! Two more Green Bay people!!! Welcome to IAP.

Since I also sell in GB, maybe I shouldn't share - but thats really not like me!
Here is the blank that I like best for packer colors:

Nuclear Waste

Hey Dean,
Jim (Plantman) was at our last meeting. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
New members are always welcome

Top Bottom