Great Service From Timberbits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glwalker

I'm just joining in on what others in this forum have already said. Timberbits has great customer service and very good delivery timeframes.

I just recieved the "free delivery" order I placed last Friday. Great service. Also, I initially had problems ordering on-line so I emailed Tmberbits.com for help. They responded the same day via personal email (David Lim) and quickly solved my problem. Thanks David!

I ordered a bunch of on sale Roman Harvest Pen Kits and am looking forward to working with these kits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

We've also had great service from Timberbits on a couple orders. However your the euphoria dims each time when you get, as we did, a bill from TNT a few weeks later for $30+ brokerage fees and duties. We'll opt for mail delivery next time and wait longer for the goods.

larryc

We've also had great service from Timberbits on a couple orders. However your the euphoria dims each time when you get, as we did, a bill from TNT a few weeks later for $30+ brokerage fees and duties. We'll opt for mail delivery next time and wait longer for the goods.

I believe it's a scam. I had that same experience with TNT and I told them that if I heard from them again the next person they would hear from would be my attorney. I never heard anything more from them. Anything under $400 is duty free. I just received an order from David today (ordered Monday 10/3/2011).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Even if it is duty free, it has to go through Customs.

UPS charges $25 "agency fee" for taking through Customs---search the web, you will find very large companies that pay it, because UPS CAN do it.

Don't have a clue about the company that is being used from Australia, but my shipper in Europe had no idea I was going to have to pay when they used UPS.

International shipping is NOT as easy as "running next door".

FWIW!

Curly

I believe it's a scam. I had that same experience with TNT and I told them that if I heard from them again the next person they would hear from would be my attorney. I never heard anything more from them. Anything under $400 is duty free. I just received an order from David today (ordered Monday 10/3/2011).

No dollar amount exemptions in this country unless you are bringing them home from a trip outside the country.

As for attorneys getting involved. TNT's send you a warning letter if you don't pay them in a timely fashion. :frown: You can still resist if you want but even if they don't send collections to get their few ounces of flesh, the letters sent to the credit bureaus will mess you up when you are looking for money.

Pay and learn to find out the other shipping options for the next time.

RickLong

I agree Timberbits has been good to me too. I have ordered through them four times this past summer. The first two orders qualified for the TNT shipping and the last two did not. The last two orders did not reach his min. order weight amount. The third order took four weeks and the fourth took three and half weeks. I rather pay a few extra bucks and get my order within a week so I started using bornfriend.com. Seems, Born, carries the same kits and his prices are the same or a few cents more out of FL, I believe.

Rick

SCR0LL3R

Whenever I get hit with those "after the fact" brokerage fees, I refuse to pay. I never agreed to use their customs broker. Nobody asked me, I didn't purchase that shipping method, I didn't sign any sort of agreement. They have never pursued it. I have my doubts as to whether legally they even can pursue it due to the above reasons.

At least when they hit with brokerage you upon delivery, you have a chance to accept or refuse. ( Which is still a joke IMO ).

The entire cost of shipping should be paid by the shipper... The destination is known when the service is purchased, they(TNT/UPS/FEDEX) know it has to go through customs, they know what their brokerage firm charges, all these charges should be billed up front. They just do it that way to look like they have the best shipping rates so that the shipper chooses them, then they hit the recipient with the rest of the bill.

Last edited:

SCR0LL3R

I do believe there's an exemption for under $20 (into Canada)

Also, sometimes when shipped in regular mail (USPS-->Canada post) you get lucky and you don't end up paying any taxes and other times the amount you pay is less than you normally think it should be. Mail is the way to go...

For my area (rural, NS), if somebody sends a package from the US to me via FEDEX, FEDEX brings it across the border, charges their brokerage fee to clear customs, then they give it to Canada Post to deliver. If they gave it to Canada post one step earlier, I wouldn't have to pay their exorbitant brokerage fee. :mad:

No dollar amount exemptions in this country unless you are bringing them home from a trip outside the country.

Last edited:

Canadian_Kid

I have always had great service from Timberbits and the price that I save on parts and free shipping over 200 easily pays for any taxes or duty.

Top Bottom