Great magazine articles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

For those of you that don't subscribe to Woodturning Design, you might want to pick it up at the bookstore. The latest issue (Spring 2005) has some nice articles in it. There is for example, a well written article on doing stone inlays, and another on photographing your work. There's also a great piece by Richard Kleinhenz on the Streamlined El Grande Fountain Pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KKingery

Thanks for the review Gary! I got a box yesterday from CSUSA, and one today from Packard, and both boxes contained fliers for that magazine. I was thinking about subscribing, and after hearing your review, I believe there is no doubt now. Thanks for your review!

Rick Prevett

Got my issue a earlier this week. Agreed, a fine issue and a magazine that's worth a subscription, even though it's only a quarterly mag.

Before I subscribed, I was able to find the magazine at Barnes & Noble bookstores.

There are only a few mags for us turners, I try to support them all, as they have the same love of wood we do.

RPM

I noticed earlier this morning that the magazine is one of the weekly specials offered at Woodturningz.com. Don't know how the price compares to direct, but its worth checking out.
Richard

G

Gary are you saying that you already bought one at a store as opposed to having a subscription delivered?

Gary

I have a subscription, Eagle. I should have been more clear.

Originally posted by Eaglesc
<br />Gary are you saying that you already bought one at a store as opposed to having a subscription delivered?

G

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />My local Lowe's home center had it in their rack!
I have a subscription also but haven't received it yet.
I've only seen it once at a Lowes in Sumter S.C.
The next issue they didn't carry it.
My local Lowes in Camden doesn't carry it.
I get a little Tee'd when it hits the news stand before I get mine.

tipusnr

Mine was in the mail today. I agree great articles (as usual). Of course I'm going to read Richard pen article closely but the article on traditional tools and spindle turning basics look really interesting as well. Never hurts to go back to basics.

While I'm talking about mail. PSI had an offer in my e-mail that was too good to pass up. 10 assorted comfort pen kits, 10 pre-drilled rosewood blanks, 10 single pen wood boxes, and a set of bushings for 66.90 to the door. That's $6.69 for a pen in the box. I supply glue, turning, and finishing materials. Should be good low end pens!

Darley

I did subscribe to, very nice and well writtent articles, I got the winter issue, I like the truning with children and goosshhh an article with Mike Darlow the good aussie bloke an excellent turner even Ed is in it, very nice bottle stopper stand, can't wait for the next issue.

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom