Graphics on a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barkpeeler

Hi all,
This subject may have been visited but I did a search and did not find any specific information as to transfer of lettering to a pen...maybe its there but I didn't find it so...specifically, has anyone had any luck with the transfer of (for example) a company name or similar simple graphics (lettering) to a pen? I know PSI sells a tool that apparently uses heat to transfer whatever you have printed out on your computer printer to a pen but it gets mixed reviews on their on line catalog. So, is there something out there that works?
Thanks,
Keith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBCbushings

I use water slide decals like this one....

Attachments

• DSC04320_CROP.jpg
    DSC04320_CROP.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 325

RSidetrack

Do not use the tool from Penn State. I have it, and in all honesty it was a waste. If you want to put a finish on the pen - it will take the ink and smear or remove it. The only option I can see is to not put a finish on it. If you have a CA finish and use the tool afterwards you will distort it.

Dick Mahany

Hi all,
This subject may have been visited but I did a search and did not find any specific information as to transfer of lettering to a pen...maybe its there but I didn't find it so...specifically, has anyone had any luck with the transfer of (for example) a company name or similar simple graphics (lettering) to a pen? I know PSI sells a tool that apparently uses heat to transfer whatever you have printed out on your computer printer to a pen but it gets mixed reviews on their on line catalog. So, is there something out there that works?
Thanks,
Keith

I just went through this exercise for the first time and learned a lot in the process. The successful combination used Testors inkjet decal paper. They have white and clear depending on what you want to do.

I printed the graphics and then used my heat gun to hit the ink quickly to be sure it was good and dry. Next I cut the decals from the sheet and applied 3 coats of Testors Decal Bonder spray. I used the heat gun again after each of the three coats for about 2 minutes. Then I simply slid the decal onto the pen after about a 20 second soak. The entire time from printing to application of the decal was under 20 minutes by using the heat gun.

Once the decal was on the pen, I used thin HotStuff CA to seal the decal. Never had any of the ink colors bleed. ( Although I had many attempts fail before I used this method). I finished the pen as normal from that point on and it came out excellent.

eliasbboy

The first time I tried a decal I completely skipped the part where you seal the ink.

I cut the label out, placed it in a nice clean bowl of water, got my blank ready, grabbed my clean tweezers, and pulled out a nice blank piece of decal.

Doh.gif

Top Bottom