Gouging the gator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Another informative video, Ed! And you were taking your time, too. I like the way you mentioned the ribbons when they started flying and contrasted them to "sand" that comes of resins if we are turning them too agressively! But, I had to laugh when that black tube jumped out of your hands though. Because nothing like that EVER happens to me! Yeah right!

tkbarron

Great work Ed! Thanks so much for posting all your great and inspiring videos. This new series should show everyone that gator is pretty easy to turn. I am just amazed to see you turn one in two minutes. WOW!!

Also, you must never sleep with all that you do. I thought I was a busy man but you've got me beat hands down.

Tom

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great work Ed! Thanks so much for posting all your great and inspiring videos. This new series should show everyone that gator is pretty easy to turn. I am just amazed to see you turn one in two minutes. WOW!!

Also, you must never sleep with all that you do. I thought I was a busy man but you've got me beat hands down.

Tom

Just so I am not misunderstood---the pen was NOT complete. After using a few coats of CA, I turned it with a skew to make it uniform and the right diameter. In fact there were several Thin CA treatments done ---6 or 7. And the rest of the turning probably was 10 minutes actual turning time. But the whole thing took nearly an hour and at least 2 coffee breaks while glue "dried". The pen was definitely worth it!!!!

You make a great blank, Tom!!

76winger

Just got a chance to watch the video tonight. Thanks for creating these Ed, it'll help get me on the right track when I turn some in the near future.

Top Bottom