Gotta Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Easysport

Ok guys. A little help for a newbe. One of my slimlines slipped so bad it wouldn't turn the mechanism far enough to fully extend the tip. I sanded the little nibs on the mechanism a little and seemed to do the trick. Any other ideas. Any thing I can do to the inside of the tube to make it grab a little better. HELP[:0]

Malkusr

I am confused. Is it the barrel with the clip on it that is slipping around the mechanism? If so I talked to one guy who had the same problem with slimlines he got from a dealer and he corrected the problem with tape around the mechanism. I know some of you reading this are probably cringing but it may do the trick. If the mecanism is slipping at the point where it was pressed in I would say get a disasembler and use a touch of ca on the mechanism when you press it back in.
I am confused as to why it is happening at all though. Could it be that you aren't aliging the parts properly? Any suggestions or corrections from other memebrs are welcome.

mick

I'd had the same problem but with the less expensive slimline kits. I'm sure like anything else, we're bound to get a tube once in a while thats just a hair out of tolerance. When this happens I always dribble a little thin CA glue into the tube and roll it around until it dries. Haven't had one come back yet. I even fixed one at our last show while a woman waited on it. Seems she thought it was (in her words) excellent customer service. I was just covering my butt....lol [;)]. I didn't want that pen coming back or an unhappy customer. [:D]

wpenm

I use the pointed end of a file and just use a little pressure to make a line inside. It will dimple the tube out just a little. It is very easy to do. I got the idea from looking at the original dimples.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
My guess is you scarred the tube while milling.
check to see if there is anything ( glue) on the end if the mill.I wouldn't use CA, it will probably work it's way off.
Try a drop of solder on the tranny.

Easysport

Thanks for all the great idea's. CA worked on one and did the drop of solder trick which works great also and should be more permanent. You all are great and saved me a nights sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom