Got $100 bucks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
So I got my cellphone rebate today and I plan on using it to buy some pen turning supplies and I am trying to stretch the money as far as possible. With that being said I am coming to this awesome community for ideas on how to utilize it.

I have all the tools and lathe.

Looking for more of the other supplies such as kits. I also have been working on my casting so those types of items could be included.

So what do you think make me a shopping list. HA HA:party:
Jesse

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I tell you what $100 doesn't go always as far as you think. If there are certain kits you buy a lot of, say cigar kits, consider buying 10 or more for a discounted rate. Now if you buy from PSI, go to Woodturningz which normally sells a bit cheaper. On the other hand if there are kits you have been wanting to try but shy away from due to having to buy the bushings and the bits etc, again PSI has complete kit sets for the normal kit price. So say you buy the Majestic kit for $29.99 but you can get the one that comes with the bit and bushings too. Then there is always Woodcraft who is running some sales right now on some kits and laminated blanks too. Always good deals out there but it never seems to be enough for what I want and the money I can spend lol.

jimm1

Ha. I did the same thing with my rebate card. I went out and got a new EWT round finishing tool. I then bought the roughing tool. This was at a Woodcraft Open House. The The EWT guy, Craig Jackson, gave me an addition carbide tip.

I here ya

I know what your saying about not going to far, but hey I like the suggestions. Maybe hit up some of those other fancier kits, and buying bulk.

I'm looking around so time is not the problem just the trigger finger on the add to cart button!:biggrin:

BigguyZ

I think it depends on what you already have...

I'd personally get the tooling first, and kits' materials later. So do you have a scroll chuck? A collet chuck? Dead center? Quality live center? Drill chuck? Collet set for your collet chuck? Taps/ dies? Tap holder? 1-2 quality core chisels (woodchuck, skew, scraper)? Good tool rests? Buffing supplies (grinder to change to a buffer, buffs, compounds)? do you need kits, or do you need blanks? Do you primarily make kits, or are you looking to go kitless?

Do you want to cast? Then there's the pressure pot, the vacuum block, brass fittings, pressure gauge, and a compressor.....

Thanks

Bigguyz,

Thanks for all of those ideas! I was thinking about the collet chuck. Do not have one of those yet. The pressure pot also crossed my mind as well.

Lots of good ideas for me to ponder on as well as some items to add to my santa list!

Top Bottom