Gorilla 5 minute epoxy that isn't

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I ran out of 5 minute epoxy so I stopped at the local Ace and bought a double tube of Gorilla 5 minute epoxy. I should have read the fine print. It takes 90 MINUTES to set. You have about 5 minutes of working time, but it takes a full hour and a half before the glue sets up enough to square the blanks and turn the pen. The previous 5 minute epoxy I was using was really ready to go in a little over 5 minutes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricJS

I used up all my Gorilla 5-minute epoxy. I was too cheap to throw it away, but you're correct - I was letting mine set overnight.

I bought the 5-minute epoxy that Monty sells & there's no turnin' back.:biggrin:

bitshird

And Mannie was considering carrying the Gorilla brand a while back, Their wood glue is pretty good, but their CA and Epoxy both leave something to be desires, So does Loctite, CA and Epoxy.

ctubbs

I bought some 60 min Loctite Epoxy. I used it two weeks back last Friday and it is still tacky. I just wish Mannie had a longer open epoxy. All his stuff is top drawer.
Charles

lago

The big problem I have with Loctite expoxy is the 2-tube applicator. Couldn't get it to push out identical amounts. My thoughts were to split the tubes on the BS next time. Need more epoxy and stopped at Ace Hardware and they had their brand in 2 seperate tubes. Hope it works OK. The tubes are bigger for about the same price as Loctite.
Lago

Top Bottom