PR Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrymiller

I tried some PR casting yesterday and didnt work very well. I mixed some PR with some acrylic paint put in the correct amount of hardener, then I tried vacuum casting for an hour took them out of the pressure pot and let set overnight. Went back 24 hours later and the resin is still liquid. The PR was mixed for about 5 minutes then poured into the ice cube trays that have been talked about on the forum. The only thing that I can think of is the tempeture my garage is about 55 degrees. I tried another batch today and placed it inside the house and after about it still had not gelled as I have read some of you post here when mixing colors.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

YoYoSpin

Yes, it will harden eventually...I know by hard-knocks. In the mold will take 2-3 weeks. Out of the mold will take 1-2 weeks. Just be patient and you'll be able to salvage the project.

JimGo

One way to speed things is to add heat. An idea I had the other day was to put a Thermacare at the bottom of the paint pot to help keep things warm.

Draken

Umm, aren't Thermacare products air (actually Oxygen) activated? Depending on how good of a vacuum you pull, it may not generate all that much heat until the vacuum is released. [:D]

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom