Good Supplier alternatives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbo_c

Looking for an alternative to PSI for turning supplies and kit items. Who's got good stuff and service wih competetive prices? Who's your favorite to deal with. Other than PSI and Woodcraft, I don't know where to look.

Thanks.

Jbo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Trey

Don't forget George's bits of Timber!
With the exchange rate currently you can get some great stuff for less.

Woodkiller

The vendors forum is loaded with awesome vendors and you won't need to look anywhere else. Everything you might need is probably covered there. The only thing I use psi for is starter kits when I start a new style.

jbo_c

I looked at the vendor section, but couldn't really tell which might be "one stop shop" kind of places vs. a place that just sells unusual or custom blanks or some other specialty item kind of thing.

Will absolutely be supporting vendors here.

Thanks.

Jbo

Dan Masshardt

I looked at the vendor section, but couldn't really tell which might be "one stop shop" kind of places vs. a place that just sells unusual or custom blanks or some other specialty item kind of thing. Will absolutely be supporting vendors here. Thanks. Jbo

Exotic blanks is the closest to one stop

OOPS

IMHO, I would not try to find a "one stop" place for everything. I have found some excellent deals by signing up on each dealers web site for their email list. Every week or so, you will get an email showing new items, sale items and sometimes a pen making tip, etc. No one has the best price on everything, so why miss a bargain?

Also, Woodcraft usually puts up some of their acrylic blanks on unadvertised sale prices, so each month I usually just scroll through their acrylics on line to find them. Some of these blanks I use frequently, so its a good time to stock up while on sale.

I hope this helps.

Alex D

Most of the good ones have already been mentioned, but I'm going to add Bear Tooth Woods. Lots of great stuff at great prices and lightning fast shipping.

Top Bottom