Good Quality Pencil Kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigguyZ

I have a potential customer interested in having a pencil kit made for him. I know there's bee a lot of comments on the low quality of the kits, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what I could find. One thing is, he wants a .5mm lead pencil, not .7mm. Any suggestions? He says he might be interested in a pencil/ pen set- so I really wouldn't mind having to get a new set of bushings/whatever.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Consider Berea's Perfect Fit kit. It uses a Parker style ballpoint refill. You can buy a Schmidt pencil refill and use it in place of the ballpoint refill.

I got mine at beartoothwoods.com

FWIW,

oldsmokey

The perfect fit is a good choice.
Craft supply has two others. The click pen and pencil (not the best choice) and most of the slimlines come in .5mm. I carried the slimline for several years. I did't like the .5mm lead, broke to easy. I went to the .7mm lead and liked it better. You have a better choice of platings in the slimline.

kent4Him

.5mm instead of .7mm? That sounds odd. I am not a fan of the mechanical pencils because the lead breaks way too easy. .5mm makes that even worse.

But back on topic. CSUSA has the Father Sing and comfort grip that have the .5mm as well. You can get them in 10k or Rhodium.

BigguyZ

Originally posted by kent4Him
<br />.5mm instead of .7mm? That sounds odd. I am not a fan of the mechanical pencils because the lead breaks way too easy. .5mm makes that even worse.

But back on topic. CSUSA has the Father Sing and comfort grip that have the .5mm as well. You can get them in 10k or Rhodium.

That's what he mentioned. But I'll clarify with him to see if that's indeed the case.

How does the Schmidt converter work? It works with any parker pen? Or just Click parker pens? Are they refillable? I Googled them, and found some places that sell them, but I'm still curious as to the details.

BigguyZ

Well it looks like it'll be the beaded pencil from CUSA. He wants a slimeline form, and yes he wants 0.5mm. I don't know how it'll work for him, but I told him that I'll test it out and see how it goes. He's not on the hook for anything if it doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom