Good Deal at Rockler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Not sure if this might interest anyone looking for a new mini lathe or not, but the Rockler email add I got today has the excelsior lathe for 249.99...regular price right? But a $100 Rockler gift card comes with it, so in effect your getting the lathe for $149!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Excelsior Lathe

Is the excelsior lathe a good one for the money? I am new to pen turning and want a good unit to use, and use. I have a decent one, but old - and way bigger than needed for pen turning, a Jet 1236.

Is there a rating on IAP about lathes or mini-lathes? Should there be?
Thanks for any comments
Randy

workinforwood

Also, the Woodcraft flyer that just came out has a $10 gift card coupon on it good til June 30. You have to purchase $20, but that's still great, $20 in merchandise for $10. That's like buy one bottle of glue get one free!

DurocShark

Is the excelsior lathe a good one for the money? I am new to pen turning and want a good unit to use, and use. I have a decent one, but old - and way bigger than needed for pen turning, a Jet 1236.

Is there a rating on IAP about lathes or mini-lathes? Should there be?
Thanks for any comments
Randy

That Rockler lathe is the same as PSI's Turncrafter Pro lathe. Decent small lathe. Bowls can be tricky because of its size, but pens and spindles are just fine.

Having to use that Jet must be torture. I'll swap you straight across, K?

;)

hughbie

i want to offer my 'slightly' used grizzly table top lathe for that Jet 1236........i realize that i'm giving up the convience of a small table top....but for you........i would do it.....
:smile-big:

Skip_Evans

In my opinion this is a great deal. I own two of these. One is used by my granddaughter and the other is setup with a 3 wheel Beall buffing system. These are solid machines.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
The only reason it's torture is the fact I'm a rookie at turning pens or smaller stuff. Plus I don't have all the tools I need...(Who EVER really has ALL the tools one needs??) I do appreciate the offer! :)

Having to use that Jet must be torture. I'll swap you straight across, K?

;)

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
I really want to keep the old Jet1236 as I rebuilt the thing from a rusted pile thrown in a barn and left for nearly 20 years(?). As the story on that goes: The prior owner didn't chuck the wood properly, it came off and smacked him up side the head. He got..shall we say; mad at it(?). It took me about two months, with a full time job, to rebuild with about $75 in new parts from JWL. It won't rust anymore and the rails are very, very smooth! But thanks once again for what seems to be a great deal. Maybe, for someone else...? :wink:

i want to offer my 'slightly' used grizzly table top lathe for that Jet 1236........i realize that i'm giving up the convience of a small table top....but for you........i would do it.....
:smile-big:

Top Bottom