A good click pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MAB11

I just finished a slimline pro from psi and I gotta say, not too impressed. If I give it a little shake it sounds like a bunch of broken pieces rattling around the click mechanism. I put a stronger spring in it and that helped a little.

So i'm wondering if there is a click pen out there that takes a gel writer that's built a little (or a lot) better than the slim pro? Also, I would like to keep it around 8mm.

Any suggestions would be great.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

feron

I just finished a slimline pro from psi and I gotta say, not too impressed. If I give it a little shake it sounds like a bunch of broken pieces rattling around the click mechanism. I put a stronger spring in it and that helped a little.

So i'm wondering if there is a click pen out there that takes a gel writer that's built a little (or a lot) better than the slim pro? Also, I would like to keep it around 8mm.

Any suggestions would be great.

I've only turned 3 types of click - the vertex, the big ben (cigar) click and the sierra click.

The vertex works but is 'silent' (but worked) and the big ben I first did was defective (still waiting on PSI to 'help').

The Sierra has a solid 'click' when used and doesn't feel cheap, only time will tell.

I know that's hardly an answer, just posting my experience.

GL

AKPenTurner

I made a mini click pen from PSI, and I wasn't impressed. The click mechanism didn't work well, half the time it didn't click right. I didn't feel I could sell it, so I've kept it, and over time it has gotten better. Needless to say, I've been hesitant to order click pens from PSI. I'm sure their more expensive kits have better mechanisms, I just haven't got that far yet.

ldb2000

A good click pen? There ain't no such animal . The long click pen is the closest I've found so far . The Sierra is a good pen too but you have to shorten the barrel and loose the little metal thingie .... before your customers do . The Slimline Pro is a very dependable pen but you have to do some work to make it so . I haven't tried the Vertex or the new Click Cigar yet so I have no comment on them , besides I make my own Click Cigar pens so I don't think I'll be trying them any time soon .
Good luck on your search .

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
sore point

one of my sore points is that I can get a reliable, operating click pen for a buck but can't get a kit with a decent mechanism. It has to be easy to manufacture one or I wouldn't get so many free dollar clicks in the mail.

Rick_G

I've done to vertex one worked great, the other didn't work at all. I like the looks but a 50% working rate isn't scoring any points with me.

I've done a number of long clicks, all but one worked great. That one would occasionally stop working. Finally traced it to the spring. Put on one way it would jam on the refill put it on the other way it worked fine. I'll still use them for a click.

Sierra click. I've done a lot of them. Never had one fail yet. :rolleyes: I always shorten it and toss the little metal piece. I know if I don't the new owner will lose it and the pen will be returned..

tbroye

I have been using a Sierra Click as my personal pen now for a year and no problems. The Sierra click is a means of getting away frome the Sierra Twist and people unscrewing it.

Wildman

I have made three different click pens similar to Slimline Pro

CS, 24K Click Pen now called Artisan Click Pen, Berea Cushion Grip Click Pen, and Berea Button Click Pen with Double Center Band.

I donated a bunch of CS click pens to Pens for Servicemen last Aug. They work fine everybody that gave one to likes them.

Berea Cushion Grip pen, just ugly and clicker not as nice as their Button Click pen.

Berea's Button Click is a nice pen. I have one use daily. First batch made gave me fits (my inexperience). My second batch had no problems with.

I have made some Sierra Button Click Pens and they work great and have better plating selection.

Did not like instructions for Polaris Click pens when first came out, but they have changed the instructions. Still use the brass sizing tube jig to install mechanism nut shown in my pictures. I like the T/N gold plating on them use one daily.

Russianwolf

I like Aaron's Long Click (also sold by CSUSA) it holds up very well, but I have noticed that some of the provided refills don't always click right. Swap out the refill and they work flawlessly.

Top Bottom