Good choice for a small closed-end?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

I am considering doing some smaller closed-end pens, around the size of the euro-styles. I've weeded out the American style kits b/c the twist tranny is integral to the cap (ie, no cap, no work right!).

I have also weeded out slimlines b/c I can't stand cross refills.

I would like to offer either a Parker twist or rollerball cap pen that is small- and perhaps smaller than a Baron--- that would make a good closed-end pen.

Would the parker-style Euros be a good choice?

Would the American Rollerball be a decent closed end?

These would be lady's pens, btw. Either solid wood or acrylic.

gerryr

Look at the Berea Round Top European fountain pens and rollerballs as well as their Flattop American rollerballs and fountain pens. CSUSA also had Flattop American rollers and FPs. I just ordered some "Traditional Rollerballs" from Wood Pen Pro which look like they'll be pretty easy to do as a closed end pen, even double closed. CSUSA also has some slender rollerballs and fountain pens, but you can only get them in 10K IIRC.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
PSI flat tops Parker transmissions work flawlessly.
Their design is simplicity in itself.
The tranny works the same as a sliomline tranny.I have never had a problem withthem in a year and a half of using them.
I put them in my 18K gold casing pens.
They are almost as forgiving as the slimline, bottom tube length critical but that would be the same with any Parker style pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom