gonna try decals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsulli16

hi
a couple qustions on decals. i watched several decal applying vids, mostly model makes.( i also saw the one with the member from here does a bullet pen). as for pen making purposes:
i'll be ordering the testors kit.

what is the decal setter and softener? and are they needed for declas on pens? these i saw on the model maker videos.

is there an online source for the pix to print on the declas. free clip art or someting? i am making 25 pens for Freedom Pens and i thiought some military logos for each branch of service would be appropiate.

I've been thinking about trying my hand at decals for a while now, thought now would be a good time
Thanks
Sulli

dmott

cant answer your questions, but..

I just use regular address/shipping labels, clear, for inkjet printers. Put enough CA for the finish and you cannot see or feel any ridges.

Pictures arent the best. Taken from my cell phone in a dark room with its flash, so you cannot see the shine. Both these pens sold to friends so I cant take a better pic.

edit: the white behind the bear is a white pearl acrylic, not the sticker. The clear address labels from Office Depot (Avery i think) are not completely clear. The orange osage with the flag shows the "whiteness" of the address labels.

Attachments

• 2011-10-29_23-01-43_687 (800x451).jpg
    2011-10-29_23-01-43_687 (800x451).jpg
    163 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

firewhatfire

I use the Testors spray to set the ink. 3-4 coats over a day or so. Inkjet facial paper. Google what you want to make into a decal and save to your photos. I use Inkscape to get my photos to the right size and print them. It is a free download.

okiebugg

Testors

Testor's website has a lot of ready made decals representing the services. Unfortunately, the one you want might come off of a decal sheet where you need just one of the decals and you get other assorted decals pertaining to one service. Good Luck

Top Bottom