Gold plating options

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

carelg

Can anyone please help me make sense of the different gold plating options that’s available in the market? The reason I ask is that I have a large order for gold slimline pens, but the customer do not want pens where the plating wears of after the first few days of use. These pens will be used as part of promotional material and it will be bad for them if the pen is a "cheapy". I have followed quite a few discussions on this website about the different plating options available form all the suppliers, but it still leaves me in the dark.

I am staying in South Africa, and have to go through the whole importing process if I buy any pen kits. It is also better for me to import bigger quantities of pens, because of the all the shipping costs and handling fees that’s added to the basic cost of pens. This also makes it more difficult to return any pens if I am not satisfied with the kits.

Has anyone used the Ti gold pens from Woodrite? How does it compare to the Ti gold or 10K gold pens of Craft Supplies?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

What Stan said! If you want a quality product in gold color, stick with the titanium. No, you can't claim it is gold, but it looks like gold, and it will not break down or wear off. If I am not mistaken Woodwrite is a reseller for PSI. The PSI Ti Gold kit is the one I use, and I like it just fine. Craft Supplies also has titanium platings. Good luck! I hope this is a good order for you! It's nice to make a big sale!

Scott.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by carelg
<br />Can anyone please help me make sense of the different gold plating options that’s available in the market? The reason I ask is that I have a large order for gold slimline pens, but the customer do not want pens where the plating wears of after the first few days of use. These pens will be used as part of promotional material and it will be bad for them if the pen is a "cheapy". I have followed quite a few discussions on this website about the different plating options available form all the suppliers, but it still leaves me in the dark.

I am staying in South Africa, and have to go through the whole importing process if I buy any pen kits. It is also better for me to import bigger quantities of pens, because of the all the shipping costs and handling fees that’s added to the basic cost of pens. This also makes it more difficult to return any pens if I am not satisfied with the kits.

Has anyone used the Ti gold pens from Woodrite? How does it compare to the Ti gold or 10K gold pens of Craft Supplies?
Titanium Gold is the only way to go - 5 to 6 years or so ago I switched completely to Ti for Gold - never looked back.
Many years ago I used Woodwrite kits. Mainly their Euros. Was not overly pleased with the fit and plating quality. In their initial years, I believe, Berea supplied them with kits. I had some issues with non-fitting parts and it was just a hassle to get the parts exchanged.
I even spoke with the owner who gave me an ear-full what crappy employees he had and they must have all left during his extended hospital stay. As I said, was not very pleasant and I never bought from them again and completely switched then to Berea. I heard there was later a change in ownership, but as I said I never went back.
Their pricing for Ti Gold was pretty good, but you said you have to buy large amounts due to the import issues. Why not contacting Berea directly they have a special crafter program and have very good prices when you buy a large number of kits (used to buy hundreds of kits at a time myself and the price was below their 100 price - call them up for the actual price - you will be surprised).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom