gold kits fro psi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

hi guys i ordered some gold kits from psi ( the fun kits line) back in jan. i finally got around to do some bullet pens that i had ordered them for. when i put the transmission in it turned like it was suppose to do. but when i turned the top and put it on the bullet it would not turn the transmission to retract the ink as a mater of fact it was so lose that u can turn it upside down and the top would fall off. has anyone had any trouble like this before. i plan on calling psi monday after work and see what they say just thought i would see if anyone had the same trouble or is it just me
thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I've learned to inspect and test every 7mm transmission before seating it. I have seen several different defects, including one where the manufacturer had failed to form the protruding dimples that engage the upper barrel tube. That was unusual, though. Typically, the bad ones either don't turn, or have bad threads.

Try a different tube first. There is some variation in transmission outer diameter, and tube inner diameter - you may have run into a bad combination.

Regards,
Eric

JerrySambrook

The other issue might be if you have more than one vendor's slimline kit and you used different tubes from the kits the transmissions came from.
The od's are the same, but there are at least three different wall thicknesses, which would tranlate into three different ID's. And you may just have some that are too large an id.

penmaker1967

thank you for the help. i used tubes from the kit and also used a tube from a woodcraft lit and it didn't work on it either. i have some crome kits that seem to do just fine. they are going on the nickel casing that i have and was going to use the ecomy gold for the brass casing. i found it strange that i had a problem with the gold and not the crome the 4 kits that i used had the same problem. the transmission acts like that it dont have anything for the tube to grab on to. i will call psi monday and see what they say about it. i will not order the ecomny plated kits again but they rest they offer i will contuine to use. i like there kits and wont let one type stop me from using them.

arioux

If they don't replace the transmission, try make a little "dent" with a small screwdriver on the inside top of the tranny. This will help it grip inside the tube.

Now you know why they called them fun line......... Have fun :) Sorry, could'nt resist.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Over sized tubes

It almost sounds to me like you got some 8mm tubes in a 7mm kit and if you did it would not be unusual if all 5 kits in the package of Funlines had the same problem. Measure the tubes. The Chrome kits would probably have been manufactured and packed at a different time and would be unlikely to have the same problem.

Top Bottom