Gold Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPM

I hope this isn't one of those topics that creates a stir, but I have to ask. Up until now, I have been taking orders and maintaining a backlog of outstanding orders. Surprisingly, all of them have been either for plantinum or for black titainium. I now need to make some "gold" finished pens. What do most of you use, 24kt upgrade gold, gold titainium, or something else.
Thanks,
Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

That might make a good poll question. One could only guess what 'most' use. My guess is 24K because of price and when selling the appearance is the same as others. For gifts and donations I use upgrade gold. For a certain very special gift I am using gold titanium. My gold coloreds outnumber silver colors 9 to 1.

Originally posted by RPM
<br />I hope this isn't one of those topics that creates a stir, but I have to ask. Up until now, I have been taking orders and maintaining a backlog of outstanding orders. Surprisingly, all of them have been either for plantinum or for black titainium. I now need to make some "gold" finished pens. What do most of you use, 24kt upgrade gold, gold titainium, or something else.
Thanks,
Richard

Rudy Vey

Titanium Gold only, all other gold coatings will wear off in time, i.e. as low as 4-6 weeks, but this depends also how much a pen is handled. I use only Ti Gold, costs a bit more but lasts for ever. My personal pens are mainly TiAu and in over two years of daily use there is absolutely no difference from day one. My experience with other Gold platings is limted to an El Grande and a Gentlemans RB, both have lost a lot of their plating, although I did not use them often - but I am one of those "pen handlers", I always have to play with them.
There was some kind of testing/research done in that way that someone (Lou DC Bluesman??)used a buffing wheel and stopped the time until the plating has worn off, was about 5-7 month or so ago. Just do a search. As far as I remember correctly, the Titaniumgold paltings were the best.

HTH

Rudy

SE MI

wayneis

Rudy thats what I remember also and I also only use Titanium Gold when I do use a gold kit. I sell mostly Platinum or Black Titanium but the satin finishes are starting to move pretty good.

Wayne

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
If you doing gold pens TI Gold only... as the others said the other platings will wear in time.. not the TI...
In general only purchase the high grade platings... it is just not worth it to have a customer come back while you are in the middle of selling a new pen and start complaining that the $20 slimline pen you sold him last year has the plating wearing off... (I mean how can that happen, I carry it in the pocket of my jeans every day and wipe it down with my denim shirt when it gets dirty.. what kind of plating are you using... LOL).. and don't think it ain't gonna happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom