Go to capped rollerball?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I've had a couple of requests for a Rollerball pen.

Do you have a go to kit for a capped Rollerball?

In a suggestion for the most durable plating.

I'm thinking about the jr gent II. Titanium or rhodium maybe But looking for recommendations.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

I have used the Jr. Gent II from CSUSA for several years. The plating is excellent and customers really like the postable cap. The choice of plating will depend on the shade/color of the material you use. The only disadvantage is that this is a thicker piece and sometimes the customer is looking for a thinner/lighter pen in which case I use the Streamline American from Berea.

walshjp17

Ti and Rh are pretty much the most durable platings.

I guess you could make a bespoke non-capped roller ball, but would likely face ink drying out too fast.

You might want to try some of the larger ball point kits (e.g., Cigar) to see if you could fit a RB refill.

its_virgil

The Baron/Navigator/Tycoon is another excellent choice. The baron is much the same as the jr gent II but the cap and barrel are a little smaller. Actualy, the baron is the same size as the jr gent I. Another good choice is the Vail from Beartooth woods. Same size as the jr gent II. There are actually several excellent choices. Look around on the varius vendor sites.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

keithbyrd

I personnally like the statesman both the Jr and the full size. Just made my first JR Statesman non-postable and really like it!

BSea

Personally, I like the Retro Jr. CSUSA has it. Lau Lau Woods may still carry it, but it seems like he has less & less stock. But he was the only place I found a Black TI version. You can also get them from Timberbits. They call theirs the Jr Victor. This is one of those pens that really screams for a custom finial.

TexasTaxi

Ed, at exoticblanks turned me on to the Atrax.
It's the same tubes as the Jr. Gent II, and about half the price.
I haven't had any complaints on the 20+ that I've sold.

I love the Jr. Gent 2's and the Retro are my favorite hardware sets. I like all the other pens that are that size too. That Atrax is a great set also but they don't post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom