Glutton for Punishment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Well as if the first time I made pens from bowling Balls and said I would never do it again here I go again only this time I know a heck of alot more about how to cut them. Now mind you these are not the skinned balls but untapped and unetched balls with only the weight in them so I will be getting solid acrylic and I know how to remove the weight from them safely as well. A lady from a major manufacturer contacted me about making them and will be sending me 4 balls to do with as I please and then they want to buy some pens made from them as well yeehaw. Anyways I will try to post the fiasco (lol) and my second try at cutting them.
Jerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I remember my ball cutting experience, and hope I never find the time to finish the task. Not a fun experience. I hope you charge them enough for all of your work involved. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Seer

John these balls are not the kind with a thin skin they are solid acrylic. After my last go around with them I learned how to split them and remove the core with out any damage to my tools. Going to be a pain but I think it will be worth it.

JohnU

Definitely worth it, just a lot of work. I have some older black one I think are ebonite from years ago, but I wore out two bandsaw blades and a chainsaw blade on my first attempt at an acrylic ball with a cement like core. Ill have to wait until I forget how hard it was before I try the others. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom