Gluing Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotti158

I just got some scraps of Corian from the local lumberyard and I'm wondering what is the best adhesive to glue pieces together. Thanks in advance:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

To each their own but I never saw the need to sand corian before gluing. Corian is pretty flat and very smooth and I don't sand it before gluing the pieces together.

If you're concerned about the CA not sticking to a smooth surface, think again, it sticks and sticks fast!

You might try an experiment by cutting up a few squares then sand half and don't sand the other half then glue them up, shuffle them around then see if you can tell which is which.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Before gluing corian wipe it down with alcohol and let dry. Lightly clamp and set on a piece of wax paper. Run a line of thin CA on the joint and let cure overnight. The thin CA will seep down into the joint. If thicker than 1/2" turn over and do the same from the other side.

If gluing corion to wood do it the same way but first wipe the wood down with baking soda. The baking soda will neutralize and acid in the wood and help create a bond between corian and wood.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I don't remember the kitchen people sanding it before they glue it up ..
They let the CA wick into the seam and that seems to work fine.

I might sand with CA to make a slurry, though. That should help hide the seam line.

Top Bottom