Gluing Corain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

run91

Hi

I am new to pen turning and was woundering what type of glue to use when I glue corain. Thanks for any help.

Bob:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhahnfl

I'd use CA unless you are looking for a definite line at the glue joint. Then I'd use black epoxy or some other contrasting colored epoxy. Sometimes it's desirable to see the joint... like mortar in a tile floor.

GBusardo

I use thick CA. One thing your should know is that Corain has a smooth side and a rougher side. Glue the smooth sides together for a joint that is tough to see.

jwoodwright

The best is with the approved adhesive. Then CA. Thing to also remember is an Alcohol wipe-off prior to CA. Make sure both pieces have coverage and clamp. If you can wait overniight, all the better... Corian is fun...

run91

Thanks for the help. I talked to people who install corain and they said they use special glue. They also give me all there scrap. How lucky is that. Thanks again. Ican see I am going to learn alot from this group.

Bob[^]

Jarheaded

Clamp the corian together, use the thinnest CA you can find, and after you glue it together , let it sit for 24 hours before even touching it. Then take the clamps off and do whatever with it.

drawknife

I'm sure all this advise is right on. If you want to glue some corian together and turn it fairly soon, I've found if you sand the sides with 400 grit completely flat, wipe off the sides with DNA, glue together with CA and clamp with 2-3 clamps. I haven't found that it really matters if its thin, medium, or thick. Good luck, try some of this stuff and see what works for you.

Top Bottom