??? on glueing snake skin..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gokartergo

Is there any reason why I couldn't use a small hot glue gun to glue the snake skin to the tube?? I can't think of any reason why not.. It doesn't get so hot as to burn the skin. My problem with the CA was that it gets every where. I think the hot glue would be less of a mess and faster.. What do you guys think??? Thanks Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Given the small tolerances (and remaining material) on some of the kits, wouldn't it be a concern that the added thickness, and possible irregularities/lumps from using the thicker hotmelt, would cause issues with the skin standing proud of the finished dimensions?

its_virgil

It is too thick. The glue + the skin and you will have skin exposed. OUCH, that glue is hot. Have you read my tutorial? The glue should not get everywhere. Less is better.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by gokartergo
<br />Is there any reason why I couldn't use a small hot glue gun to glue the snake skin to the tube?? I can't think of any reason why not.. It doesn't get so hot as to burn the skin. My problem with the CA was that it gets every where. I think the hot glue would be less of a mess and faster.. What do you guys think??? Thanks Dan

Darley

Dan, Don is right and you should read is tutorial, for myself I use 2 dots for starting glueing the skin 1 dot in the midle and 2 dots at then end, when you roll it you squize the glue bettween the tube and the skin, I think you put to much CA when you do your glueing beside the skin will be incased in the PR

gokartergo

Yes,, I have read your tutorial. It does seem I was using to much glue.. I did try the hot glue. I was using to much of it as well.. It does appear that it will work.. Just using less.. I am going to try it again this weekend.. Thanks Dan

its_virgil

It does get hot....enough to melt hot glue...not sure. It can get hot enough to dissolve or vaproize the skins...I put in tubes with skins and took out just tubes...no skins. Maybe they crawled off. It also melete the wax in the end of the tubes when I was using a different technique.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by dbriski
<br />(I have no PR experience)

Does the PR heat up when it is curing? Would it melt the hot melt glue and allow the skin to move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom