glueing segmented blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonK

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Say for instance when glueing in a piece of soda can between two types of wood is it best to use CA and what type? (thin, med. etc.) Also can you successfully join a oily type wood and non oily? I know a good bit about wood,but this is a whole new ballgame for me.

Thanks,
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gwilki

Don
I've used medium CA for both your applications, and had good results. For the segmenting, when the blank is glued together and squared off, I flood the whole thing with thin CA just to make sure.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Originally posted by DonK
<br />I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Say for instance when glueing in a piece of soda can between two types of wood is it best to use CA and what type? (thin, med. etc.) Also can you successfully join a oily type wood and non oily? I know a good bit about wood,but this is a whole new ballgame for me.

Thanks,
Don

This pen is an oily ebony and amboyna. Medium CA on segmenting and med and thin CA on finish. Brass ring separates the two on this pen.

tn_Best%20pen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom