Glueing PVC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryannmphs

I just got some PVC blanks and can't wait to turn them. I tried to glue a couple pieces together using PVC cement, but it didn't work :( This was brand new cement, and I got some PVC cleaner that is clear (don't want no purple stains).

I tried 2 other pieces using med. CA and that appears to have held together well.

What is the best way to glue segmented/laminated PVC?

Ryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
PVC cement is in tended to"weld" components together.
The fit on PVC pipe joints is tapered.That is why you coat both pieces and insert and twist,hold so they don't push out.
Acetone will clean PVC with no stain.A lot cheaper too.
Clear cleaner is available.I think they color it so you know what's been cleaned.Heck I aint no plumber!

cold is right, hot is left, Shirt doesn't flow up hill. the boss is an SOB and paydays are fridays
plumbers creed.

darbytee

Ryan, I've done several laminations with PVC and I've always used Gorilla Glue. It will bond the PVC just fine and as long as you have smooth joints you won't see any glue lines.

MDWine

I'm curious, the only PVC I'm aware of is the type used for plumbing.
Are you talking about flat pieces that you can glue together to make a pen blank or accent?
Where would I find this stuff?

ryannmphs

I bought some round 3/4" colored stock of PVC. I will actually be selling some of it (just want to recoup what I spent on it :) ) but wanted to make a pen or two first. Never know, I may change my mind and want to keep it all!

There is someone else who sells the PVC on the board (I'd have to do a search for it as I can never remember the link) I have the same colors plus a dark grey (white, orange, black, purple, yellow/gold, blue, red, and green).

Ryan

wrhastings

Ryan, the other place that sells the PVC blanks is http://www.acornforest.com/pvcblanks/pvcblanks.html . If you do decide to sell some of what you've got, I'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom