glueing corian together!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiphunters

i know this can be done but!!!will not the a line between the two pieces be visible,i dumpster dived three sink cut outs,its only 1/2in so i think i better find 3/4in?? help,thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jahlg

corian only comes in 1/2 in, have to do glue ups, light colors are hardest to hide the line, make sure you glue up the face side, it is smoother and less likely to show, you can clamp it tightly then wick thin ca into the joint. also try to let it set 24 hours before attempting to turn.

kirkfranks

You can glue up the 1/2 in material
I use CA glue. Make sure to use the two surfaces that were supposed to be the top of the counter (they are smoother). Make sure they are clean (solvent/or something) and then use med CA glue. Rub the two pieces together to make sure to get good glue coverage and then clamp.
This is how I do it. Others may have other methods/results.

Texatdurango

Using CA, I've glued two 1/2" pieces together to make pen blanks and one would be hard pressed to find the seams on the finished pens.

I have also stacked four and five 1/2" pieces together, making blocks 2" and 2 1/2" high to cut blanks from.

DozerMite

Banned
I'm not sure about Corian, but I buy solid surface in 1/4", 1/2", and 3/4" quite often. I have a local manufacturer and buy it in full sheets. Some of it is approx. 5' x 12' in many different colors.

drawknife

I have some corian, at least that is what the supplier said, that is about 1" thick. I actually haven't tried gluing corian to corian. I have segmented with acrylics and can't see a line. Heres one I did for someone. Corian is cut and sanded with 320 grit and the acrylic was lightly sanded also. Used Medium CA glue and only let it set up for a about 30 minutes with a clamp.

20071242226_corian_ss.jpg
<br />

Sorry about the light background, realized it after I took the photo.

chiphunters

Originally posted by drawknife
<br />I have some corian, at least that is what the supplier said, that is about 1" thick. I actually haven't tried gluing corian to corian. I have segmented with acrylics and can't see a line. Heres one I did for someone. Corian is cut and sanded with 320 grit and the acrylic was lightly sanded also. Used Medium CA glue and only let it set up for a about 30 minutes with a clamp.

20071242226_corian_ss.jpg
<br />

Sorry about the light background, realized it after I took the photo.

chiphunters

thanks to everyones comments and experiences with 1/2 in corian, i have made two (2) pens already,, have my lathe for 3weeks,i like it and my wife is happy!! life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom