Glue Spreader

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryconn

I found these at Woodcraft today, don't know if anyone else has tried them out but thought I would try using them to apply CA and Enduro. They mention virtually every glue but CA saying that it will not stick to them. Don't know if they will work or not but for $3 its worth a try

20077123814_1120.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hrigg

I use coffee stir sticks from one of the fast food chains. They're free. The white ones from McDonalds are too flimsy, though.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
For glue spreading, I save all the fake credit cards that come in solicitations through the mail. The plastic coated side makes for a great spreader that can be tossed when you finished.

Fred

Yea, old defaced credit cards are my choice for glue spreaders. I must say that just throwing these things in the trash is making me feel better. Just BE SURE to punch out the numbers beforehand as there are some pretty disguisting folks looking at your trash these days. Besides, why take a chance with these credit cards anyway? [:D]

ctwxlvr

I picked up several derlin strips that were offered here or another site, haven't seen the person post in a while, they are about a half inch wide and several inches long and work great as do several other methods.

GaryMGg

Originally posted by ctwxlvr
<br />I picked up several derlin strips that were offered here or another site, haven't seen the person post in a while, they are about a half inch wide and several inches long and work great as do several other methods.

I'm sure that's an offering from Joe Collazo; his website lists them too. I got some when he first offered them. I like 'em.

http://www.turncrafts.com

Gary

thewishman

I just use the nozzle on the CA glue bottle - never gets lost or misplaced. I do not cap my CA, so when I get a build-up of glue on the outside of the nozzle I let it dry and then just break the glue off.

Chris

Jerryconn

Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg
<br />The cheap small foam rubber paint brushes work well if you peel off the foam rubber to expose the plastic piece attached to the wooden handle.
Thanks a good idea George!

Jerryconn

I may not have very clear in my original post, I was talking about using these to spread the CA, Enduro, maybe plexi, other finishes on my pen blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom