Glue for Segmented Pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Try thick CA. Gives you about 1-2 minutes to move around. It is what I use to glue tubes as well as from time to time my tubes will stick before they get in place with medium CA.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by jdmyers4
<br />What glue do you use for making segmented pens? I've tried using medium CA, but find it dries too quickly, making it tough to get the pieces square.

Gorrila glue?

John
I use thick CA for bonding thin veneers before major assembly, epoxy for gluing the segments together and to the tube, thin CA as required when turning and medium CA for the finish.

So... thin CA, med CA, thick CA and epoxy. I think I use everything but gorilla glue![:)]

hrigg

If it's wood, I use either white or yellow carpenter's glue, I let it set 24 hours. I put too much work into segments to rush the glue up, and I could never keep CA joints from breaking anyway. Been using Titebond on flatwork for a long, long time, and I trust it.

fernhills

hi,i gave the CA glue and yellow glue the same concerns as you and came to the conclusion of whats the diff if the tubes comes apart what good is the wood lamination also we laminate plastics as well and a mixture of both plastic and wood.sooo CA should be cool. Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom