Glue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Snorton20

Has anybody ever used sumo glue at all and is there any downfalls to using this glue for pen tubes? I see people like ca, gorilla glue, and five minute epoxy. just wanted to know if people have tried this out. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

It's a polyurethane glue like Gorilla and Rhino and a half dozen others . it works great for gluing in tubes and segmenting . The main problem is the foaming , if your not careful it gets all over everything and it is tough to get off after it dries .
A word of warning , for flat work the foam has NO structural strength , but for what we do any of these glues are fine .

BruceA

Sumo glue and clogged spout

I've used Sumo glue and I'm finding the dispenser design to be difficult to keep clear, and to squeeze the glue out of.

Sumo seems to foam less than Gorilla glue. But, they both foam. Gorilla glue has a better bottle and dispenser design that doesn't clog.

Might be something to consider.

They are both available at Lowe's.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Joe, Sumo and other poly glues do work well. They also give you extra time to get the tube just like you want it. This comes in handy if you are doing more than one pen at a time. The foaming action is nice to fill small voids between the tube and the blank.

The main thing, from my perspective, is to use what works well in your hands.

rlofton

Only use the foaming polyurethanes if there is an issue with the fit of the blank and tube. It's just because of the mess it can create.

Snorton20

hmmm, well I had my first issue. When the glue started to cure it work the pen tube right out of the blank about a 1/4" or so. I am going to have to get some discount rubber bands to make sure that does not happen again. Here is a small tip for you people, I use a 1/4" piece of glass that is 2' x 2' as a glue work surface and a razor to clean up any over spills or drips. Works great, a little clean up with the razor and waaaa laaa fresh work surface.

Top Bottom