glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDrayton

has anyone out there uses gorilla glue for tubes? I normally use ca gel so I can turn in a few mins, but maybe gorilla glue would work better on the 7mm tubes that seem to be loose in the drilled blanks prior to glueing with ca.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TexasJohn

I've used GG on pens and other applications and it works great if you are having a gap problem. You need to watch the shelf life though. And also, if you get carried away with it you will have an abundant squeeze out problem. Texas John

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Not a bad glue, but I end up with black fingers. I have chosen to follow the lead of Old Griz and others, and use 5 minute epoxy almost exclusively. The epoxy has limited gap filling abilities.

wpenm

I use GG on all my pens and have had no problems with tubes moving. Once you get the hang of it, you will know just how much to use and the run out becomes less of a problem. I use a pipe cleaner to swab the inside of the blank with water then I use a 1/4" glue brush to spread the GG evenly on the tubes. I cut and drill the blanks, glue in the tubes and leave them alone until the next day.

angboy

I use GG, and I just wrap a rubber band around the blank lengthwise, and so far, it's held in all of the tubes that I've had. I don't have any real strong argument for why I use GG, aside from the fact that BB's intro DVD showed him doing that and I've seen no reason to change so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom