Which Glue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rink

Looking for input on glue. I know it may start a debate, but here goes.

I currently use two part epoxy to glue tubes into blanks. Gorilla brand in the syringe dispenser from walmart. Works good if gluing only a couple blanks at a time. But today, gluing up nine blanks, the quick set-up time was a little quicker than I was. After about three or four tubes the glue dollop begins to set up and then it's difficult to spread on the remaining blanks. I was almost unable to slide one tube into its blank as it wanted to stick about half way in. Almost ruined that one.

Is there an epoxy with longer open time or a one part glue that anyone would recommend? I figure some of you guys that are making dozens of pens at a time (or many more) must have a better method!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSurette

Mercury 15 minute epoxy is what I use and I am very happy with it. It is available in 5, 15 and 30 minute times. I think it used to be sold by a vendor on IAP but I can't locate him. It is also available on Amazon and ebay.

longbeard

Same stuff, same place. Gorilla glue 5min epoxy

Sorry. I didn't ask my question clearly. What brand/source for the 30 min stuff?

Devcon from lowes i think. Been about a month or so since i had to use it for 12 pen order. I'll look when i go out tomarrow to make sure.

thinking about this, it could be loctite 60 minute epoxy from walmart

Last edited:

Rink

Same stuff, same place. Gorilla glue 5min epoxy

Sorry. I didn't ask my question clearly. What brand/source for the 30 min stuff?

Devcon from lowes i think. Been about a month or so since i had to use it for 12 pen order. I'll look when i go out tomarrow to make sure.

thinking about this, it could be loctite 60 minute epoxy from walmart

Thanks a lot folks. Everyone on this forum has been very helpful with my rookie questions and it has helped me a lot. Thanks to all the helpful info I will be able to make some great Christmas gifts for the family!

Top Bottom