Glow in dark paint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

Been making lots of acrylics because of christmas coming, acrylics are quicker to produce since I don't need to finish them. Anyhow...needed to add some colors to my paints. Picked up some glow in the dark paint bottles at Micheals for $.50 each. Anyone paint in them acrylics with these? Be interesting to see if it'll make the pen glow in the dark! Painted the tubes, blanks and mixed into the epoxy too. Hope it works, but the bad part is that if the pen is always in my pocket, it won't get any sun.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

Just hold the pen up to a light or flashlight. It'll glow for a few minutes then gradually wear off then you'll have to give it another "charge". I don't have any experience with pens but I used to use glow paints to paint fishing lures many years ago.

Firefyter-emt

This could be cool if painted to the tubes and then cast clear! OH, OH... How about for the background color in a cactus blank! That would be wild if the tube glowed under thru the cactus!

mick

Not to hijack the thread but I bought some glow in the dark Sculpey clay awhile back. I was gonna try to make a pen from it just never got around to it.....maybe one day [:(]

Daddy1

Wow!!! That is a GREAT idea. I gotta know if this works or not. If it does I am on my way to Micheals. I will watch closely. Please update with your progress.

Charles

Hi, All
Pens of Color has been selling an acrylic blank that are colored when the lights are on but glow when the lights go off. I have sold several of these and I am pretty sure Gina still makes them. I don't know what she uses inside to make them glow but they put off lite for a while.

alamocdc

IIRC Woodturningz has some glow in the dark inlace acrylester, or did have at one time. It was a rather ugly greenish white (like most GITD stuff you can buy), but it looked cool in the dark. Be warned though, this is HARD stuff. Multiple sharpenings per blank half.

winpooh498

We have some "glow in the dark" resin dye. Haven't tried it yet but will be tonight! Let me know how the paint works. I might have to see if I have any of that paint in my collection, paint some tubes and cast them. Hmmmm, more and more ideas....[:D][:D]

workinforwood

I set out my evergreen blank, after turning of course, and it does glow in the dark. But barely....just a few small spots trying to glow. Of course, this is a green pen, and the clear spots are almost non-existant. Perhaps one of my purple blanks will be better as I see more clear to whitish area's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom