Gloat (Pics added)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

biednick

I do all my work in my grandpas workshop. He dosn't really know what he has out there. Anyways, I found 2 largeish burl blocks, 1 maple and 1 unknown, it looks like some kind of root. Anyways, today I cut 30 or so beutiful blanks from these blocks. Keep your eye on the classified tonight, I might be posting a few for sale if I can I.D. the wood. Wood shown lightly coated with danish oil

Attachments

• IMG_0418 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_0418 (480x640).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

You whippersnapper, get out of my garage!:) Just kidding! Let's see some pics of the burl!

Bobalu

Fell free to send the "unknown" burl to me. As soon as I have classified it, which might require that I turn most of it to test the quality of the wood, I'll send back what is left. Honest.

biednick

Fell free to send the "unknown" burl to me. As soon as I have classified it, which might require that I turn most of it to test the quality of the wood, I'll send back what is left. Honest.
Oh, this is only a small sample of the wood I cut, and I still have most of the block left! 3 slabs left me with 28ish 1-3 pen blanks. Thats just the unknown burl, the maple gave me 6 blanks and several burl caps perfect for WW casting! I'm a happy camper!

Top Bottom