Gift/Presentation Cards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

When you give someone a pen, what type of card or certificate do you use to show that it is handmade and maybe identify the wood or other materials used?

Most of what I've come up with on my own looks corny -- does anyone sell or use something that looks professional?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

I print my own business cards using free Avery software (go to Avery.com). I bought the sheets of blank business cards at an office supply store. I print my business card on one side then flip it over and print information about the pen on the other side. I include pen style, plating, wood type and refill instructions.

I use the same software to create a second card. This one has more information about the wood on one side. On the other side I have care instructions for the pen.

Each pen has 2 cards that go with it. This takes a little extra time but once you get the template set up it isn't to bad. I keep several versions of these on my computer so I usually have what I need pretty handy and 75% complete already.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I do something like Jim does - On one side of the blank "double side print" business card I list the pen type, plating, refill info and wood type. On the back side I print out a more detailed info on the wood - origin, nickname, special qualities of that particular wood. If the wood has a special place of origin - like Live Oak from "Rainbow, CA" (for a show I did in the area, that goes on that side as well.

You have to be careful with those blank business cards made by Avery that allow double sided printing. I use two different Epson printers and they tend to come apart quite easily on the flip side - and sometime on the first run through. I "blew" 3 packs before I went to similar Office Depot product.

I print my business card seperately so I can use Avery gloss photo quality business card paper.

rlofton

Check out VistaPrint.com for low priced, high quality, full color printing of business cards. I had two sided cards printed at a great price!

Rick_G

I use the avery software as well. But instead of using their business cards I use high gloss photo paper. I put a rectangle where the edge of the business card would be and use this as a guide to cut them with a paper cutter. With each pen I give an envelope 2.5 x 4.25 that contains one of my business cards, a card with a description pen and material used, a gift card that can be filled in by the buyer if the pen is for a gift, a pen care card and a card advertising the pens for Canadian peacekeepers program. If the card has to be double sided I use standard white business card material. The gloss paper lets me put a graduated color background to the gift card, my business card and the pen description card.

nava1uni

I had two sided business cards printed with pen information available on the back side, glossy, for $40.00 for 1000. They work great, especially since one side has all of my contact information.

rherrell

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• crop1-540.jpg
    crop1-540.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 502
  • crop2-600.jpg
    crop2-600.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 507
  • crop3-600.jpg
    crop3-600.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 510

randyrls

I have three cards with every pen. One is my business card. On the back is an offer of free refills if they return the pen to me and a satisfaction guarantee. Since I only sell face-to-face this isn't a problem for me. I get to see how the pen is holding up and they can look through my pen display case. I often sell another pen!

2nd is the pen material and care instructions. Wood Acrylic, Antler,

3rd is the pen style, how to disassemble the pen, what kind of refill it takes, what not to do.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Good idea to sign the cards, too. Who knows .. your pens could be famous
one day. :biggrin: This gives the pen 'provenance' , should Sotheby's need to
verify the origins of the pen.

Top Bottom