Giant fountain pen nib (novelty)?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Anyone have any idea where to get a reasonably affordable, HUGE fountain pen nib (non-working... just showoff).

Anything from the size of a big tablespoon to the size of a hand (lol, no bigger though).

I'm thinking of making a 12-24" long fountain pen (to scale) for someone who's life motto is "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Anthony Turchetta had those once and they were filled with ink cartridges of all colors. He may still have some or can point you in the right direction...since those Dawn sent you to are sold out.
Do a good turn dailyy!
Don

Matt, not sure if this is what you had in mind, but these are pretty cool...and only $5.00! Currently o/s but you could check to see when more are expected in.

http://www.hisnibs.com/pen_box.htm

redfishsc

Thumbs, interesting idea, we probably have some copper flashing laying around this old campus. A coat of clear lacquer will help protect it.

PR Princess, interesting link, that's about what I was thinking

Don, if this idea moves forward I'll contact Anthony and see what he's got. I have a pen that may be ordered with a solid gold nib anyhow (lol... a normal size pen).

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Matt how large a piece would you need I have 18g Brass sheet. That would buff up to a nice yellow shine.
Mike

Woodlvr

Here is Anthony's giant nib--http://www.thegoldennib.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_46&products_id=23

Just in case you wanted to see what it looked like

LarryDNJR

redfishsc

Oh wow. Even apart from the big ol nib, that's a reasonable deal if the ink is a reasonable quality.

mredburn..... I'm trying to avoid having to make the nib, but I'll definitely contact you if I decide to go that route and can't find any copper flashing at the shop. Thanks!!

redfishsc

Oh wow. Even apart from the big ol nib, that's a reasonable deal if the ink is a reasonable quality.
Well, you'll have to figure in the fact that eventually you are going to be left with a bunch of yellow, pink, and purple ink cartridges.

Lol, yeah. Fortunately I have an El Grande that I use as a highlighter (sorta) while doing my reading for Grad school. I'll read, on any given semester, ~2,000 pages, so I go through a LOT of ink. Yellow, pink, and poiple are perfect :D.

Top Bottom