Gentleman's jr, retro, jr statesman 10.5 mm gap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barrysj

Has anyone noticed that the lower barrel of the gent jr etc pen kits call for a 10.5 mm drill bit and when you place the brass tube in the hole that it has a good size gap in it? I thought that maybe my drill press was a bit out of round or that my 10.5 mm bit from psi was from china and my bit for craft supplies needed to be from taiwan, but I tried that and ordered the 10.5 from craft and still a decent gap after the bore. Also, the 12.5 upper tube fit like a glove with only CA needed to glue it in place and not much play. I end up having to use gorilla glue on the lower barrel to make up for the gap and CA on the upper barrel because it works, is tighter and faster, but it seems like they would have figured this out and either made the brass bigger or the bit smaller say 10.485 mm.

- "Dude"

Steve Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulSF

I've noticed the exact opposite with the Jr. Gentleman tubes and the bits I got recently from CSUSA. The 10.5 fits tight, and the 12.5 is loosey-goosey.

bitshird

I just made two Jr.s last night, and didn't notice any poor fit, my 10.5 and 12.5 bits are made in U.S.A. and I drilled and turned the blanks on my metal lathe since I can't get near my wood lathe.

lwalden

I use the 10.5 and 12.5 Norseman Bits from Arizona Silhouette, and they fit spot on. A little pricier, but I also imagine made to a lot higher standard, as well.

Top Bottom