Gentleman vs Jr. Gent size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I love the look and form of the Jr Gents and Jr Statesman but learned very soon that I don't like the feel of the small writing part of it.

How much bigger is the full sized Gentleman/Statesman compared to their Jr counterparts? With especial attention to that writing part.

Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dario,

The Gentlemen's pen is heavy and thick, about 5/8", just above the metal tip, the actual metal tip on the rollerball is 1.75".

Overall length of rollerball, without cap is 5".

Weighs about 4 pounds (OK, that COULD be an exaggeration)

Hope this helps!

Dario

Ed,

Thanks...how about the diameters around the writing tips? Say just below the threaded part and just above the steep taper going to the refills hole.

I am sorry I can't describe it very well...but what I am looking for is the dimension of the metallic part you hold when writing.

Thank you,

wayneis

Dario these are tapered so its difficult to get an ecact measurement but it is approxamatly twice the size of the Jr. If you think that the Jr. is too small then I believe that you would like the full size.

Wayne

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thinnest part of metal tip is .039" (yes, I do have a micrometer in my desk, doesn't everyone???)

Fat part, right before tip slope is .0425"

Threads to seat cap .0470"

Rare that I have the pen, always have the mic.

Any other questions, or did I read the last one wrong??

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dario,
I said I HAVE a micrometer, no where did I say I could READ it.

Thanks, yes the above should all have the decimal moved one place to the right (multiply by 10)

Sorry!![B)][B)][B)][B)][B)]

Dario

Ed,

I am just joking...I know it is in error, because I commit that too (too often) [;)]

I appreciate all your input. Thank you so much!!!

Ryan

Dario,

As Wayne said If you think the Jr is too small as I do you will enjoy the full size I find it is just right.

Ryan

JimGo

Just made my first Gent last night, and I like that size MUCH better. I used a Jr. extensively last week (about 8 hours of solid writing one day), and found the tip to be a little too narrow - my thumb had a small bruise from where I held the tip because it was so narrow (all the pressure was focused on a very small part of my thumb). Tried the Gen last night, and was sorry I didn't have that one with me last week!

Enjoy it Dario!

mrcook4570

Where you hold the Gent is roughly the same size as where you hold a cigar pen, but the Gent is slightly concave, making it more comfortable to hold.

JimGo

Dario,
I posted side-by-side pics here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8307

The pens in the pic are the Jr. Gentleman's, Gentleman's, and Jr. Statesman II. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom