Gentleman disassembly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Get one of these http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=3577

You can almost disassemble any pen with it. Not sure if you can still salvage the plastic insert inside the cap's tube though. Maybe someone who've done will will chime in soon.

SteveRoberts

Yes, you can salvage that too, even after using CA to put in in place. I turned a tool out of 1" corian stock. It just barely fits inside a gent/emperor after the cap and clip have been lifted off via a metal rod. Grip bare barrel tightly and whack repeatedly on the hardest surface you can get, I have a 10lb flat weight on my work table just for that. I made one for the jr gent and emp too.

Steve

Firefyter-emt

IHMO, the best way to "save a pen" is to buy a new tube and remove the old tube. What I do is to use a dremmel tool with a cut off wheel in it. All you need to do is cut thru the brass tube where it sits on the hardware. (really more like grind thru it with the wheel running around the blank, not up and down) Once the "band" is broke it will almost fall apart. The best thing is you do not take a chance of damage to the kit itself either by the hammering or by it flying in the air. You could also clamp the pen in a vice (like the jaws of a wood clamp) and use a file to file through the blank. A bit slower and you have to be more carefull, but it could be done. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom