Gent tubes dimensions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

txcwboy

I have a set of tubes I think are Gent/Statesmans tubes but I cant find the overall dimensions and diameter.Any one have some they can measure ?

thanks

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txcwboy

Thanks,
these are..... long tube .450 x 2.3640 short tube 2.0515 x .5700 so that isnt the same ? I couldnt have sworn I had them left over from a Statesman.

Dave

Randy_

Originally posted by txcwboy
<br />Thanks,
these are..... long tube .450 x 2.3640 short tube 2.0515 x .5700 so that isnt the same ? I couldnt have sworn I had them left over from a Statesman. Dave

Dave: I am interested in this question as this is the kind of info I am assembling to put in my Pen Reference chart. The tube diameters seem to be about right for the Emp/Gent/Stman based on the drill sizes called for in the catalog. I have no idea how the tube lengths match.

Randy_

Originally posted by broitblat
<br />My cheap calipers say the upper barrel is 2.06" long with OD .570 and the lower barrel is 2.088 x <b>.384. </b>

Barry: Are you sure about that dimension?? 0.384" would translate roughly to a drill size of 25/64" or maybe 10mm. That is not even close to the drill bits called for by the Gent?? The only CSUSA kit I find that calls for a 25/64" bit is the cigar pen. Oops, the sketch pen takes that drill, too. There are several kits that call for 10mm drill bits. I wonder if you misread the caliper or maybe your tubes have gotten mixed up? Do you have more than one kit so you can confirm that measurement or is that your one and only.

Randy_

Originally posted by txcwboy
<br />Thanks,
these are..... long tube .450 x 2.3640 short tube 2.0515 x .5700 so that isnt the same ? I couldnt have sworn I had them left over from a Statesman. Dave

Dave: I am interested in this question as this is the kind of info I am assembling to put in my Pen Reference chart. The tube diameters seem to be about right for the Emp/Gent/Stsman based on the drill sizes called for in the catalog. I have no idea how the tube lengths match as i hav never done the bigger pens.

txcwboy

I found the other set of extra tubes I ordered for the Statesman and I measured them.They are for the State/Gent. So I dont know where the .384 came from [:D] And I used a STARRETT [8D]
thanks

Dave

broitblat

Well, I checked again, and the tube is definitely .384 in that particular kit, but it doesn't match the other gentleman's/statemen kits I have so I must have picked one with the wrong tube in the bag (don't know how that would have happened...)

The other kits all have a lower barrel with OD of .450 and length of 2.36.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Randy_

Originally posted by broitblat
<br />.....Sorry for the misinformation.

Not a problem. This turned out to be a win/win/win situation.

Dave got his tubes identified.

You saved a potential problem from the phantom tube.

And I got another data point for my Pen Reference chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom