Gent Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This refers to the full size Gentlemens Pen Kit - not one of the Jr.s

Has anyone used these kits (available from CSUSA in the $15/$30 range.

If you have what is your general opinion of them. I'm not looking for a lot of details.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Leroy, I have made one from craft supplies, its nice but too big to handle. Depending on your material, it could also be very heavy as well. IMHO

ttpenman

I agree about the size and weight. Beautiful pen, I've only made a couple but it isn't for everyone. Big mans pen.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

witz1976

I used a couple too, but I found them not much bigger than a full size Majestic. They are a BIG pen though. As for a preference, it pretty much looks like the Jr. series just bigger...so no complaints.

jskeen

I like the full size gent quite a bit. The nib section is much easier form me to write with than either the jr's or the emperor/imperial ect. I like matching them up with a jr gent ballpoint, as the length is much closer than the jr with the BP. One the other hand, I don't like black painted brass threads on a TI Gold or Platinum kit! The only other thing I don't like is that the finial is the same size as the jr series, but with a thicker rim surrounded it. Easily fixed, as I replace 90% of the finials on my pens anyway, but it just looks odd as is. I do plan to buy some more next time I order.

toddlajoie

I've made a grand total of 2 of them. One for me and one for my son, and we both LOVE them. they are large pens, but (IMO) not a "carry" pen. It's a desk pen and I think it feels much more natural to write with one than it does with the Jr series when the cap is posted (I like the Jrs unposted also, but I do prefer the larger full size pens). By the way, I don't have freakishly large hands, and my son is only 13, so I would not put this on a "BIG GUY" thing, but more of a personal preference...

Have to agree on the black threads tho....

Conners%20Water%20Dragon%2003.jpg

Chasper

I've made and sold a few dozen of them, it is a slow seller for me. The full size Statesman ($30-$40) is the same size and is a much better seller for me, it is more ornate. At that price point some buyers want to see a little more bling than the Gent has to offer. Both are primarily desk pens, not for carrying.

zig613

Smitty...

As per some of the previous posts... they are a slow seller. Over the past 4 years I think I have sold only seven vs. over 200 JR Gents. Most of the comments I get on this pen is that it is toooooooo big.

Wade

Top Bottom