Gent Jr. Cap problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I saw Gary had some cap problems with the Gent Jr. just wondering if they totally fixed the problem.

Gary, the very first batch of Jr's had bad threads, 75% of my first kits were bad. CS replaced all of my bad ones, with no problems. They realized this after they shipped the first ones.

But i still get 2 out of 10 that have a real tight fit, So tight, I scrap them and give them away as secounds to my frineds. They are not stripped, just real tight.

I don't know how you assemble, but I allways press the clip & cap on first, and try to avoid putting allot of pressure on, when I slide the threaded bushing in. This has helped, but still an occassional problem.

I have not noticed one bad Baron yet, nor a Statesman Jr.

Just wondering if others our still having a problem?

Anthony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Anthony, I've had that problem a few times, maybe one or two out of ten. But it's never been so bad that I worried about it, but now that you guys have brought it up, it does seem like it's a little to tight. The Gents and Statesman seem fine, and like you said the Baron seems fine too. I still like the Jr. better then the rest, it just feels better to me, the Baron feels smaller at the nib end and harder to hold. But it could just be me. [:)]

R.T.

PenWorks

Yep, there you were RT, sorry about that.[:p] It got bumped down the list so fast, we must be the only ones with problems.

But if there like Jeff's clients, they don't bother with the threads, they just " YANK it OFF" [:D]

Gary

Anthony, that's exactly the case with the Jr. Gents I was describing. They are not crossed or stripped...just so tight that I won't give them or sell them to anyone. I'll try assembling the next ones and making sure to use minimal pressure. Maybe that will help. With the Jr. Statesman, there weren't any problems...nice and smooth. I wish they weren't so expensive.

PenWorks

Gary, sometimes I run a tap threw it or just screw and unscrew about 50 times. It is not perfect, but at least helps allot to where you can at least give it away as a secound. Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom